Tips to Make Long Distance Relationships Work
Keeping the following tips in mind will improve the chances of making your long-distance relationship a lot more fulfilling and exciting.
- Be sure to set personal boundaries. Without knowing what’s acceptable and what’s not, you can’t make your long-distance relationship work. There need to be boundaries related to infidelity, and you must talk about it with your partner well in advance. Not taking steps to define what’s invasion of space, even when it’s virtual space, can jeopardize your relationship’s well-being.
- Don’t be apart for too long. Generally, it’s better to avoid being apart for more than three months, or you may notice your relationship not being as fulfilling as you might expect. Make an effort to see your partner at least once every three months, but you can work out a better time-frame by discussing it with your partner. Setting a time-frame will also help you see how your partner is evolving as a person, which might make you fall in love with them all over again.
- Avoid talking every day. Just like it’s important to decide when you should see your partner, it’s also critical to determine how often you need to talk to your long-distance partner. Ideally, you should avoid being in constant communication and give each other some space to think about your life. This way, you’ll also be able to keep the mystery alive, which is the lifeblood of an LDR (long-distance relationship). Moreover, giving your communication a break would also warrant a more interesting conversation once you interact in a few days’ time. Sharing constant updates with your long-distance partner can get exhausting, so avoid it.
- Avoid relying too much on technology. Long-distance relationships have become a commonplace mainly because of the availability of electronic devices and new technologies that help you stay connected irrespective of the physical boundaries between you and your partner. However, it’s a great idea to switch to snail mail whenever you can. You may consider writing and sending a love note to your partner, and they’re going to appreciate it for sure.
Don’t stop flirting – with other people. It may seem like infidelity, but the whole idea is to understand your limits and boundaries you’ve set with your partner. Flirting with others is often harmless, especially when it’s just about complimenting a stranger or giving your barista a killer smile.
- Just ensure to be respectful of yourself, as well as your partner and the person you’re flirting with. Harmless flirtation can actually strengthen your long-distance relationship and provide you with the fuel you need to keep the flame burning.
How Do You Start a Long Distance Relationship?
You can do so many things to start a long-distance relationship. It’s always a possibility when you’re a traveler and like to explore different countries. Just by hitting bars and clubs and even explore local attractions, you’ll be able to meet new people, and it’s just a matter of time to find someone who is really attractive and exciting to start a relationship. Go ahead, introduce yourself, and spend some time with that person – and you’ll be on your way to lay the foundation of an LDR.
The other alternative is to go online and register on some of the best dating sites available today. You can find a large resource of online sites and dating apps, all of which claim to put your love life on the fast track. Interestingly, many of these sites let you sign up and enjoy international dating. This way, you can interact with women in a country that is going to be your next holiday destination. Even if you’re not planning to visit that country any time soon, you can still start your new relationship by chatting with your dating partner. You can also invite them to come and visit you in your country.
Long-distance relationships don’t always involve two people living in different countries – you two could be in different states or even different cities. You can make it work by following the rules and tips already offered in the first section. If you proceed systematically, you can make your relationship become a lot more exciting. Whether you’re a man looking for a woman for an LDR or you’re looking for some girl-on-girl action, you can check home page to find some of the best platforms to start your search.
Problems Making Long Distance Relationships Difficult
While long-distance relationships can be quite exciting and work for most people, you need to be prepared to deal with certain issues down the road. For instance:
- It’s going to be very difficult to be personally and emotionally independent when being in an LDR. Not everyone can discover how to find happiness outside of their current relationship and be themselves. It’s hard to learn how to be whole without hoping for your partner to play their part. It can be hard to develop a support network of friends, but you should actively strive for it to live a fulfilling life.
- Another common problem with any LDR is that partners develop trust issues quite easily. It’s so easy to feel FOMO and become paranoid about what your partner is doing now. You may become suspicious if they don’t respond to your text almost immediately. You’ll soon obsess over it a little too much, and that’s when your relationship becomes toxic.
Ways to Turn Your Long Distance Relationship in a Marriage
If you’re feeling happy being in a relationship with someone, you may be thinking of making it official. Here are a few things to make it work:
- Always have a clear goal from the start. You’re likely to turn it into marriage or something really special in case of a lesbian relationship if you’re clear about what you want out of your new partnership. If it doesn’t serve any purpose, it’s less likely to turn into a marriage.
- Be honest and communicate better. Without sharing your true intentions, feelings, and desires, you can’t win the other person’s trust, and without it, you can’t hope for it to lead to marriage. Work on this aspect, and your relationship will succeed!
So, don’t be shy to try new things when you’re seriously interested in starting and making a long-distance relationship work. It demands special effort, but the experience will be amazing at the same time.